![]() |
| My Buddha Belly at 34 weeks! |
32 Weeks: I'm Faced With The Biggest Decision Of My Life
From the very beginning, our medical team have considered our twinnies to be unusual when compared to other twins. Their hearts are very reactive and strong more than usual. Their weights and measurements are more than usual. This was no surprise for me, because when their survival was doubted by our doctors, inside I felt their strength and their will to survive.
Because of this, one of our maternal-fetal specialists suggested we prolong our delivery date to 35 weeks. He mentioned some current long-term studies showed some evidence of learning disabilities with pre-term babies. This was much different than the original plan of delivery at 34 weeks. So, he assured me that their group would meet and come up with a consensus on which would be best for our delivery date. However, I knew the final decision would rest on me.
Another specialists, disagreed with him and felt that 34 weeks would be the safest. He discussed with us that the benefits of waiting a few more days is immeasurable, however the risks of fetal demise dramatically increases every day. He also mentioned that > 50% of MoMo twins are delivered at 32 weeks and so 34 weeks would be considered pushing it for some physicians. He stated that making it to 34 weeks is such a big accomplishment already that pushing it beyond could be considered 'greedy'.
So...for a whole week I was faced with a dilemma. The decision I made could be a determining factor in their ability to develop, learn, and most important..... SURVIVE. The pressure was overwhelming. I cried and cried faced with the LIFE-OR-DEATH decision for my babies. I never felt so much pressure, this was the single most important decision of my entire life.
33 Weeks: The Decision is Made
At 33 weeks I was finally told that 5/6 of our maternal-fetal specialists voted for 34 weeks. This made my decision easier. We decided to stick to our plan to deliver on November 26, 2012, making our babies 34 weeks and 2 days old. I prayed for God's guidance on this decision and I feel 100% confidence it is the right one. When faced with an important decision, always Look to God for Guidance And You Will Never Fail.
The Finish Line was right around the corner. I have been inpatient with continuous monitoring for 10 weeks. My nurses were so surprised of how fast Rob and I packed up my hospital room. One minute it looked like a dorm room, the next a real hospital room. They laughed at our eagerness.
As I look back, it seems like it has gone by so fast. But, looking forward another week seems so distant. My last week has turned out to be the longest week of my life.
![]() |
| As soon as we made our decision on the date of delivery, Rob & I had no problem packing up everything in my room. It took no time at all!!! |
34 Weeks: FINISH LINE
WE DID IT!!!! Rob and I will officially be parents of identical twin baby girls tomorrow morning!!! As I'm writing this blog, he's at home; doing laundry, cleaning, organizing, grocery shopping, trimming Kitty's nails, brushing the dogs/cat.....getting our house ready to be a HOME FOR A FAMILY.
Rob has been such an amazing husband during all this. I've always felt that destiny brought us together and this continues to be evident in what we've been through these past 8 months. Rob may not always know the most comforting words to say, but his actions have more than made up for this. In addition to working full time, he's done an amazing job caring for our home, pets, and me! If any husband deserves an award it would be Rob, NO DOUBT!!!
As we finish this phase in our life...I would like to thank all of our friends and family for their support and prayers. From the beginning, the power of prayer have produced Miracle After Miracle. We thank each and everyone from the bottom of our hearts!!! God Bless You All!!!
![]() |
| At 34 Weeks (Nov 25, 2012)....I watched Fireworks outside my hospital room window. I think it was for the XMas Tree lighting ceremony at Jax Landing. Yes! It is a time of celebration!!! |



No comments:
Post a Comment