Saturday, October 27, 2012

30 Weeks (4 more to go!!!)

28-30 Weeks was mostly uneventful.  The biggest change was our attitude towards the pregnancy.  Our worries are almost non-existent and we definitely feel more HOPE and EXCITEMENT more than anything!

New Niece:  This past week our family also welcomed a new baby girl.....Berkeley Kailyn.....into the world.  My little sister, Christine, is a baby factory.  She thinks of getting pregnant and she does.  With this one she didn't even have any labor and as with all her babies only pushed 3 times!!!  Chrissy had a scheduled induction and after she got her epidural she called me.  We were talking for about 20 minutes when my doctor came in.  I was talking to my doctor for about 15 minutes and the next thing I know I get a text-pic of a baby!!!  She looks exactly like Gage when he was born.  Too bad I can't meet her until I'm discharged after my C-section.



Happy Halloween!!!:  I LOOOOVE Halloween because it's Rob's BDay!!!  This year he turned 35yo!!!  I was able to surprise him with a little BDay Party at the hospital.  My mom, dad, and Maria brought Olive Garden.  I haven't had Olive Garden in years, but I kept seeing their commercials on TV and suddenly had a craving.  It brought back childhood memories.  We used to have all of our award ceremonies from patrols to cheerleading there.  PLUS...one of my awesome nurses Jamilla....who is an awesome baker made Rob a Red Velvet Halloween BDay Cake!!!  He was sooo surprised.....AGAIN!!!   He's so easy to surprise because he never expects anything from anybody.  I can't wait till next year we can have a Halloween Party and dress up our little girls!  I have tons of Halloween decorations that are just gathering dust.

I'M A PATRIOT:  I've been in the hospital for 6 weeks now and still managed to vote....SO I hope all of you find a few moments of your time and perform your patriotic duty!




LMAO Moment of the Week:  As usual my girlsfriends Leah & Nat came for a visit.  The conversation always turns into reminiscing about the past when we all used to live together in Jax Beach.  It all started when we were messing w/ Leah about her HIP-HOP skills and then I remembered our attempt at trying to reupholster her huge/heavy L-shape doo-doo brown sofa and it turned out looking like circus furniture (purple & gold).  I have a very vivid imagination and I pictured all of this in my head and forgot about my full bladder.   Let's just say....when you're pregnant....don't attempt to hold your bladder while laughing hystereically.....IT DOESN'T WORK!!!  I ruined a Tempurpedic and Down-Feather pillow!!!  Then on my way to the bathroom....it was still coming out!!!!  I had to take a quick shower just to clean it all off!!!  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO!

My Obsession With Bananas:  My mom says that when I was growing up in the Philippines I use to walk to the little store next door, sit on the counter, and eat bunches and bunches of bananas.  Not much has changed.  I still love banana bread, banana pudding, banana milkshakes, and so on....   Well I'd like to send a special thanks to Maren for feeding my addiction with banana bread and banana pudding.  She knows the secret to my happiness ;-).  



Exciting Moment of the Week:  I got fingerprinted!!!  My fingerprint will correlate w/ each print of my babies' feet!!!  This made it all real to me because sometimes it's hard to imaging I really am pregnant and with twins! 

Hurricane Sandy:  Unfortunately this past week Hurricane Sandy landed in the Northeast.  My in-laws did not have power for a week, but atleast they had a generator.  There was so much devastation and the New Jersey and New York landscape is nothing like how it was when I lived there.  New York has become my second home after I moved there when I was 25 and met the love of my life.  We spent many weekends at the Jersey Shore in the summer time.  One thing for sure is the resilience of New Yorkers....they are the most hard-working people I know.  I know that it may take a while, but they will come back even better than before.  My cousin, GiGi, that lives in Brooklyn thank goodness did not loose power/water.  However, she's surrounded by the devastation.  Let's continue to keep them all in our thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment