 |
| 27 Weeks |
I have been inpatient with continuous fetal monitoring for 3 whole weeks! Each day when I'm sitting in my recliner it feels like an eternity. However, when I look back it's gone by a lot faster than I thought. The weekdays are long and boring, but my weekends are usually busy w/ visitors. I look forward to my weekends because my wonderful friends & family bring me all kinds of treats. Even though I'm full, I force-feed myself even though I feel like Fat Bastard afterwards...LOL!!! Tx goodness I passed my 1 hour Glucose Tolerance Test! I celebrated by eating a bunch of candy that Leah brought me, hee hee! My belly gets really tight & hard and breathing is definitely difficult. I eat like it's my last meal on earth! But, I'm to the point where hospital food all tastes the same whether it's beef/chicken/pork! My energy level has decreased to the point that I'm so exhausted just from taking a shower. Even talking makes me short of breath. Imagine that!
Belly Update: My belly has gotten so big that one of my nurses had to cut my leggings down the middle just so it would fit me....I ended up throwing those away...LOL! It was painful trying to fit in pre-pregnancy leggins, what was I thinking?! Oh yeah....laundry needed to be done and had nothing else to wear. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Cleavage: I've never had much of a cleavage & always admired them on other people. But now I've realized that I like the smaller boobs. Why? Because now that I have somewhat of a cleavage, I'm starting to collect crumbs in my little cleavage & it is NOT CUTE! Plus chocolate stains.....Hee Hee!
 |
| 2 Heads are better than 1! This is the only pic we can get of them together. |
Twinnies Update: THEY HAVE HAIR!!! Can you believe it? I knew Rob & I would have hairy babies, we both had afros when we were born. A hairy Italian & a hairy Filipino....good mix for little hairy ITALIAPINO BABIES! On the serious side, ultrasounds are still showing very good blood flow through the umbilical cords and the babies are doing a good job practicing their breathing. They have stayed in the same position this past week because they're getting bigger and have less room to move. They are side by side, head to head, w/ their heads on the RIGHT side of my belly. They are easier to find with the fetal monitor and some nights I can get 4-5 hours of uninterrupted sleep because they are staying on the monitor.
Biggest Accomplishment for the Week: I CAN STILL PAINT MY TOE NAILS!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! One of my nurses offered to do it for me, but I told her that I want to do as much for myself while I can, very nice gesture though.
 |
| Rob dozing off, after a sleepless night worrying about my emotional breakdown the day before. |
Weekly Low: I was so happy to not have an emotional breakdown for over a week, but the littlest thing sets me off. All it took was Rob to tell me that Ms. Kitty was peeing in the house and he used a frustrated tone....this threw me over the edge! Then my mother-in-law called and told me that Kitty has been peeing even before I went in the hospital. Well, I became so defensive, my animals do not do wrong when I'm around....Are you Kidding Me?! Nobody can accuse my animals of such things but ME!!! I take all my anger and frustrations out on Rob & then I have to remind myself "Claudette, what are you thinking, this man is doing EVERYTHING for you! So GET OVER IT!" But, it's hard to listen to myself and I end up crying all day cause I'm Mad & Sad all at the same time. Poor Rob was so worried about me he didn't get any sleep. So when he stopped by during work, he dozed off. Every time I have an emotional breakdown the poor guy doesn't get much sleep. I knew it was time to call my acupuncturist and so I did. Apparently, my Fire was low, and this has something to do w/ feeling in-control. She's so right...I felt that if I was at home, I would have the Kitty situation under control and she wouldn't be peeing all over the place. I have to learn to let things go, they are out of my control. Actually, I'm learning that as a patient and even pregnancy....THERE IS NO CONTROL. Acupuncture really helps....I felt like a different person the next day. I'm the 1st patient that's had acupuncture as inpatient in the Labor & Delivery unit.
 |
| Chocolate Explosion all the way from O-Town |
Shout Out!!!: Tx Cheryl for the delicious banana bread and chicken noodle soup, it always warms the soul. Tx to Ashley for brining me my Coobie Bras and the chocolate chip cookies, nice little treats throughout the day. Tx Melissa for stopping whenever you're at work and bringing me lunch. Tx to Chrissy for the Boba and Filipino candies. Tx to mom/dad for keeping me company on the weekdays and all the yummy homecooked Filipino dishes. Tx to Maria for feeding the animals on the days that Rob is working. Tx to Virdeo & Chien for the 4Rivers BBQ and ginormous cupcakes from O-Town!!! Oh, let's not forget the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks....YUM!!! Also Tx to Leah & Natalie for the Food Coma brought on by my Big Fat Chipotle Burritto!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment