Saturday, September 29, 2012

26 Weeks (8 more weeks to go!)

 Today marks 2 MILESTONES in my life
  1. We are 26 WEEKS GESTATION and according to doctors, this age is about 70% viability for our twinnies if born anytime soon, but our goal is still 34 weeks
  2. 5 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY: my husband is truly my rock!  He told me: "I wish I could share what you're going through, you can carry 50% and I can carry them 50% of the time"....So Sweet!  He feels so bad that I'm the one going through all of this, but without his support & love & hard work taking care of our home/animals/ME....I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing. 
Unlike my last post, this is a happy one.  After my emotional breakdown last week, it really brought to surface all the emotions I kept buried deep inside, because of this I have been able to learn to cope with these thoughts and feelings in a positive way.

I've developed a daily routine: ....thank goodness because I need to feel like I have a purpose
26 Weeks
  1. 8 AM: I wake up and watch Good Morning America while drinking my fave chocolate milk
  2. 10 AM: I try to extend my 1 hour shower break, by not calling my nurses when I'm finished
  3. 11-1 PM: I use this time to crochet REALLY UGLY baby hats/blankets/diaper covers.... realizing I AM NOT CRAFTY
  4. 1-4 PM: I read smut magazines....no not Hustler, more like People/OK/US Weekly & play on the laptop....Baby registry is DONE!!!
  5. 4-8 PM: I usually have family/friends visit at this time and hoping they bring me food so I don't have to eat MYSTERY MEAT!
  6. 8-10 PM: Catch up on my reality shows and comedies....can't wait for Gossip Girl!!!
  7. 10 PM: ZZZZZZZZZZZ.............Nurses say they've never had a patient sleep as good as I do!!!
TWINNIES: Growth Scan this week shows that the babies' weights are 1lb 10oz & 1lb 11oz.  I can feel they are getting stronger & bigger because all of a sudden my bladder has turned into a soccer ball...and this does not feel good!  BTW....we've confirmed that they are GIRLS!!!  No names yet though.....
  • Baby A is renting a studio apartment in my right hip and is always on time with her rent (AKA: it's easy to find her with the fetal monitor).  Because of her prime real estate, I'm not able to sit upright.
  • Baby B is renting a 3 bedroom apartment and is always dodging the landlords (AKA: she gives the nurses a hard time trying to find her and sometimes kick back at their pushing/probing).  
ME: MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!   I had a lot of visitors this week including family, friends, and co-workers.  Mom brings Filipino food which I'm sure makes the lounge smell like an Asian house, but it tastes like 'home' and I love it.  I caught up with an old friend Maren, whom I see rarely but it's always like old times.  My childhood friend Kelly brought me the COMING TO AMERICA DVD, which we watched every day as kids.  Leah & Natalie, brought Rob and I TACO LU for our anniversary dinner and snuck in a can of beer for him, we had a good time reminiscing and laughing all night....hopefully the staff didn't think I was drinking too....LOL! A co-worker whose also pregnant w/ twinnies came by for a visit & we compared our pleasant and unpleasant symptoms of pregnancy...Tx for the visit Patty!!!  Also, one of my doctor's wives, a Eucharistic minister, came by today and served me communion, I always feel cleansed afterward. 

Gage & Ella, visiting Tate BeBe
WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT: Kitty & Bailey sleeping together :-)
CRYING MOMENT OF THE WEEK: One of my doctors gave me a 1-and-only 15 minute lobby privilege to visit with Ella & Gage.  They wouldn't let me walk and when Gage saw me in the wheelchair he looked a little worried and scared, Ella on the other hand thought I was in a stroller like her....LOL!  As soon as I saw them I couldn't help the tears of happiness & sadness and just kept kissing & hugging them so tightly.  I knew it would be December before I see them again.  But, Chrissy has made it a little easier by facetiming with the kiddos once in a while.

BEST ADVICE FOR THE WEEK: If you have animals at home, they may get a little depressed and anxious.  The dogs lost their appetite and Kitty is peeing in random areas.  Just be patient, they just miss you, and eventually they will get used to a new routine and will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment